Haven't been very good about this lately.
Well it's Aug and my plants are still alive but many of the fruiting plants aren't doing anything. Big somewhat healthy tomatoe plants, lots of them that arn't making any fruit. The summer squash are making little tiny fruits that wont get bigger and kind of rotting in parts. DO NOT pull of the leaves that have mildew I think, they just rot off and create a festering rot pile towards the base of the plant. I'm leaving them in the ground while I go to california, pull them up when I get back. I assume they will die of mildew while I'm gone.
Noticed what is left of the rutabegas rotting in the ground. Started pulling up whatever I find. They're done. Finally.
More okra than I know what to do with as expected.
Need to look up Aug planting crops and be ready to clean house and replant when I get back.
MAYBE NEW LAYOUT PLANS
Next season plant the summer squash, meaning the viney huge patty pan in the long narrow beds in the "summer field" closer area. No more than 3 plants in each row and grow them in a narrow strip long ways. Don't plant anything else. I suppose I'll have to move the curly kale
Get someone to help me hammer rebar into the ground next to the deep beds to support trellises.
Make triangle trellis's for the squash.
No comments:
Post a Comment