Saturday, June 25, 2011

The name refers to the experience of being a goth and a farmer. You have to tan, there is no way around it. I accepted that years ago. Besides i'm pretty against the idea of any asthetic that revolves around looking like you never touch anything. (you know like that whole "clean" thing, doesn't work for me no matter how much I shower.)

What this is me keeping track of what the hell is going on around my microfarm. You can read it if you want, i can't garrentee it won't be boring but I can garentee that the spelling will be terrible.


So right now.
  • The tomatoes look like shit. The non-creoles are still ripening but haven't set fruit in over a month, which is to be expected. 
  • The creoles occasionally set fruit but mostly they look like they're brown and diseased. I've sprayed them with fish oil, BT and fish emulsion mix. I'm worried that the fish oil may be hurting them, the BT wasn't for any reason, it was just in the mix for other plants that have cabbage worms. I am not spraying them with fish emulsion after every rain or whenever I feel like it.
  • The ghost squash have mostly been pulled up and dispossed of, they were prone to both squash vine boarers and powdery mildew and didnt' taste very good. Don't grow those again. 
  • The pattypan are looking healthy now that their sickly buggy brother plants have been removed and are no longer smothering them. They might just be later plants anyway.
  • Apparently it's not too late to plant squash so I have some seedlings in a tray coming. Bunch of cucurbites, dont remember what, some butternut and cucumber in there somewhere. 
  • Ate the rest of the Arugula from the seeding Arugala plant. Arugula is great becuase you can let it go to seed and still eat it. 
  • Beets are slowly coming along. Plant MORE of those next time. 
  • The rutabegas apparently ARE edible, pureed with potatoes. Still don't plant 2/3 of the freakin farm in it. 
  • I've had it with the silkies, they are for sale. Both are broody. No eggs from anyone in 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment